Landlord charged with rape, sodomy of 15-year-old girl in Kentucky

A previously deported Mexican national has been charged with rape, sodomy and human trafficking of a teenage girl after renting a room out to her family.

Police in Louisville, Kentucky, arrested the suspect, 48-year-old Rolando Cenobio Vasquez, on July 29 after he was accused of repeatedly raping a 15-year-old girl who lived in his home.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement lodged a detainer with the Louisville Metro Department of Corrections following his arrest. Federal authorities have asked Kentucky officials to not release him from jail or turn him over to ICE custody.

According to investigators, Vasquez had rented out a room to a mother and her 15-year-old daughter when he allegedly began sexually abusing the teenager in December 2025.

Police allege he committed acts of sexual violence while threatening both the child and her family. He is accused of offering money to the victim to keep quiet about the assaults.

Vasquez has been charged with three counts of rape, three counts of sodomy, human trafficking, promoting human trafficking with a victim under 18 and sexual abuse.

His criminal history includes a prior conviction for driving under the influence of liquor, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said.

Vasquez first illegally entered the United States through Texas in August 2013.

He was arrested by the U.S. Border Patrol and deported back to Mexico. He then illegally re-entered the United States at an unknown date and location.

“ICE has lodged a detainer asking officials in Louisville, Kentucky, to not release this criminal from jail, and to hand him over to ICE custody so he can be removed from our country,” DHS officials said. “Under the leadership of President Trump and Secretary Mullin, ICE has been unleashed to go after dangerous illegal aliens like this one so that we can make America safe again.”

Investigators were tipped off to the alleged abuse after a patrol officer contacted a detective and said a mother wanted to report a sexual assault of her 15-year-old daughter, WAVE 3 News reported.

Vasquez told the girl that she would need to be in a relationship with him or “she would regret it,” according to the arrest report.

During the time of the alleged assaults, the girl was between 14 and 15 years old and Vasquez was in his 40s.

The victim told detectives that Vasquez began raping her in December 2025 when he took her into his room, stripped her clothes off and penetrated her even after she told him to stop.

The girl’s mother reportedly walked in on Vasquez in bed with the girl sometime in December 2025, but he moved away from her before the victim’s mother caught him sexually assaulting her, the report states.

In interviews with police, the girl said that Vasquez made her have sex with him multiple times a week. He would threaten her and her family if she attempted to refuse, and he sometimes gave her money after raping her, according to arrest reports.

The reports detail several specific instances of alleged forced sexual encounters with the teen girl. Vasquez allegedly made the girl perform oral sex on him until she threw up, sodomized her in the backseat of his car and sexually assaulted her in the bathroom of his work.

According to jail records, he remains lodged in jail. During his arraignment, his bond was set at $100,000. He was ordered to have no contact with the girl or her mother and no contact with any child under the age of 18.